Welcome to Year 6
Meet the Team.
Mr Ali - Year 5 and 6 Phase Leader
Mrs Saghir - Year 6 Teacher
Miss Butt -Year 6 Teacher
Mr Mohammed - Year 6 Teacher
Autumn 1 Topic -A Child's War
Year 6 have had an extremely busy first half term. We have been learning about WW2 from a child’s point of view. We had an amazing time at the Museum of Cannock Chase where we explored artefacts, got involved in role-play about being evacuated and experienced what life was like in the 1940's. As a year group, we read Goodnight Mr Tom which explored one young boy's life after being evacuated from London.
Year 6 Residential October 2018
The children have spent three fabulous days at Condover Hall. They enjoyed a range of activities such as abseiling, climbing, archery and rocket launching. Many faced their fears and we were all so proud of how our children supported each other. What a brilliant experience!
Children will be receiving daily homework to reinforce the learning taking place in the classroom.
How can you help?
- Allocate a time and quiet area where your child can complete their daily homework.
- Ensure your child reads for 20 minutes every day and record it in their diary.
- Make sure your child brings their homework books to school every day. Help your child to pack their bag the night before!
- Revise the year 6 spellings and spelling patterns.
- Help your children to practise their times tables.
MyMaths is an online resource to support pupils maths skills. Each pupil has their own Log in. MyMaths will mark pupils work and gives everyone immediate feedback on their progress at the different skills they are practising.