What is the Sports Premium?
The government provides additional funding each year to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
The funding given to schools is ring fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of sport and PE in schools.
How much do we receive?
This academic year, Ladypool has received £18,650 in additional Sports Premium Funding.
How are we spending the funding?
We have used the additional funding to:
- Have a PE leader who coordinates and organises Ladypool's participation in PE events and liaises effectively with the local sports hubs.
- Have a PE leader who works alongside school leaders, including governors, to ensure that the Sport Premium has the greatest impact across the school.
- Develop extra-curricular opportunities for all year groups, through the use of a qualified sports coach to deliver after school clubs and enhanced lunchtime provision.
- Further develop the PE resources in the school both in terms of PE teaching and play equipment.
- Have a PE leader who coordinates, with the support of school leaders, the continued professional development of all staff
How are the children benefiting from this provision?
1. Have a greater opportunity to participate in sporting events such as matches, tournaments and festivals in the local area.
2. Participate in inter school competitions.
3. Have access to improved equipment.
4. Have the opportunity within the curriculum to further develop their understanding of healthy living.